We aim to support you along your Post 16 journey to develop you as an outstanding member of our community, who shares our values. We have developed a range of strategies and targeted support to suit each individual student.
Your Personal Tutor
Your Personal Tutor will be the first point of contact for you and your parents/carers. S/he will monitor and support your welfare and academic progress closely through our structured Student Performance Management programme. This will support and guide your development in preparation for your first choice university or higher level apprenticeship.
The Wellbeing Centre
The Wellbeing Centre offers a variety of information and resources which support all the students and parent/carers at the Academy. The Centre provides confidential one-to-one professional counselling and works with a range of external specialist providers to assist students with any personal issues that may arise.
Academic Learning Mentors
Academic Learning Mentors are our skilled professionals who are available in the Silent Study Area. They offer one-to-one, group interventions and in-lesson support, to ensure you develop the skills and knowledge necessary for success.
Student Support Office
College Student Support Office provides additional support and guidance from a specialist team who are available throughout the day to ensure that you are happy and focused on your studies. Confidential support can be accessed from this team as well as information regarding the 16-19 Bursary, attendance, first aid, safeguarding and any general enquiries.
Think Futures Careers
We believe it is essential that our students receive outstanding personal advice and guidance, enabling them to make well-informed decisions about their future. The Think Futures Careers Team are here to guide you through to your next steps, whether this is employment, training, apprenticeships or higher education.
As well as expert advisors, we run a formal programme of inspiring careers events throughout the year where a range of specific support is given, which includes:
- Spotlight career workshop
- Face to face careers interviews
- Higher Education evening for parents/carers
- A Higher Education programme
- Entice Apprenticeship events
- UCAS events
- Job seekers’ support
- University Open Day promotions
- Annual Careers Convention
Maintaining and supporting your happiness, safety and wellbeing inside and outside Sixth Form is paramount. Further to the support available from your Personal we have a dedicated team of Safeguarding Officers throughout the Academy to support you with any safeguarding concerns you may encounter.
We will consistently ensure:
- Students are supported to develop independent healthy and safe lifestyle choices
- Current safeguarding issues are actively discussed and promoted through tutorial and citizenship programmes• A secure and safe environment where students are respected and listened to in order to learn and develop
- Support is in place for identifying, reporting and handling cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.