At Mirfield College we are not just about our excellent results… We are also about having fun and developing new skills too! We are proud that College life is vibrant and student-led. Our student Council collaborate to organise a variety of annual and ongoing charitable events throughout the year which aim to both support our chosen charities as well as improve the College community experience for you all.
We offer a wide range of different enrichment activities for you to get involved in in order to make you stand out from the crowd! From starting and completing your gold Duke of Edinburgh, volunteering at our partner Food Bank or taking part in one of our stellar productions, there are lots of different things for you to get your teeth into!
We pride ourselves on creating a learning culture and supportive environment where all students are encouraged to maximise their potential. The Horizons Programme enables students to access personalised support and specific enrichment opportunities, to prepare for the most competitive courses and universities in the country, including Russell Group institutions, Oxford and Cambridge.
The Horizons Programme Offers:
- The opportunity to be selected for Oxbridge/Russell Group subject specific Master Classes through the HE+ scheme
- Personal statement and application workshops led by university experts / professors
- Oxbridge / Russell Group university interview guidance
- Access to Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) to enhance your future applications
- Personalised application support based on your individual subject, university aspiration or progression route
- Expert Advice and guidance on applying to Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeship
- Support with widening participation talent spotting programmes such as The University of Leeds Reach for Excellence Programme and the University of Sheffield Discovery Programme.
A Level Psychology, English Literature, English Language and Biology
A A* Core Mathematics and Extended Project Qualification
Mirfield College Horizons Programme Graduate
Destination: University of Cambridge to read Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
Professional Work Placements
All of our Year 12 students embark upon a high-quality Professional Placement week (work experience) which enables them to develop and evidence the knowledge and skills required in order to secure the university course or higher level apprenticeship of their choice.
We’ve developed relationships with more than 250 local and national employer partners across the UK, giving our students access to placement opportunities in a wide range of industries.
Enrichment opportunities include: