Mirfield College has everything you need, all in one welcoming community with a great atmosphere.
It’s a modern building with a range of study areas that have led to its excellent reputation for student help and support.
We know that studying works up an appetite, so we’ve got all your food and drink needs
You’ll have free access to the sport and fitness gym for 12 months to work up a sweat and enjoy a personalised gym programme tailored to your needs.
We’ve invested in our post 16 provision and offer amazing facilities and equipment and we’ll continue to do this, to ensure we have the best environment for your student experience.
- To sustain a culture of high expectations in which every individual is valued equally.
- To equip all our students for lifelong learning enabling them to achieve their potential.
- To provide an environment in which all staff experience a sense of professional well-being and are enabled to give of their best.
- To provide an engaging, creative and enjoyable experience of teaching and learning.
- To engender a sense of personal worth and physical and emotional well-being which enables students to become confident, self-reliant, self-disciplined, healthy and responsible.
- To promote excellent standards of behaviour through highly effective personal relationships.
- To equip students with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary for them to make a positive contribution to society and prepare them for the world of work.
- To foster effective partnerships between students, staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
To access studies at A Level prospective students are required to have gained a minimum of 5 x GCSE’s 9-5 (or A*-C) including English Language and Mathematics. To access studies at Level 3 BTEC courses, prospective students are required to have gained a minimum of 5 x GCSE’s 9-4 (or A*-C) including English Language and Mathematics.
Courses and Subject Specific Entry Requirements
We have a wide range of A Level and Level 3 BTEC courses which can be selected to suit your needs and future aspirations. Students can choose to access a programme of three or four pure linear A Levels or Level 3 BTEC courses (including single or double award qualifications) or they may opt for our unique mix n match option where students combine Linear A Levels with Level 3 BTEC qualifications. All students follow appropriate personalised study programmes. A rigorous process on application and admission into college ensures students are on their most suitable pathway to build on their prior achievements and to meet their aspirations and future career plans.
*All subject specific entry requirements are in addition to the General Entry Requirements. Please not, we reserve the right to withdraw courses or modify entry requirements
The Silent Study enables students to effectively focus on independent study, learning and revision. This is a space where learning can be optimised and developed with study resources, computers and Academic Learning Mentors available for support. Learning Mentors offer one-to-one, group interventions and subject specific guidance, to ensure you develop the study skills and knowledge necessary for success.
The Group Study area offers an alternative but quiet place to study. Students utilise this exclusive space to work in small groups to test one another, share ideas and discuss concepts in order to deepen and broaden their subject knowledge.
Computers installed into this area ensure students can access online resources to complete group presentations, reports and research.
Learning Resource Centre and Library
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) provides college students access to a wide range of sources of information to complement studies including newspapers, subject journals and books as well as online facilities.
This college quiet study space is used by students to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding whilst completing wider reading, home learning, course work and revision tasks. Learning Mentors are also located in this area to support progress and drive achievement.
We’re continually developing our extensive Information Technology (IT) service to ensure you get the most from Mirfield College. You will benefit from:
- Access to computers with Microsoft Windows packages
- Wi-Fi coverage through-out our college
- Remote Access that enables you to access a desktop environment
- Print facilities in Group Study and Silent Study
Business and Partnerships
We understand the value of working in close partnership with higher education universities, and employers offering apprenticeships or jobs. We’ve developed relationships with more than 250 local and national employer partners across the UK, giving you access to opportunities in a wide range of industries.
Our students benefit enormously from these partnerships, but so do employers, who will benefit from our services.
We’d love to chat about the ways we can collaborate with you. Please contact Mirfield College on 01924 483 666