Quick Links

Useful Links

Mirfield College


Questions about courses:

How many subjects can I study?

Students usually study 3 subjects, equivalent to 3 A-Levels as this is what is needed to get into further education. Some students also choose to study for an EPQ which helps individuals stand out when applying for universities or jobs.

What courses are available?

We offer a variety of A-Level courses, BTEC courses, CTEC courses and T-Levels coming in September 2023. Find out more information about the courses we offer HERE

What new courses will be available in September?

We have T-Levels coming to us in September 2023. The T-Levels we are going to be offering are ‘Health with specialism in Supporting the Adult Nursing Team’ and ‘Education and Childcare with specialism in Early Years Education and Childcare’.

We will also be offering A Level French and Spanish

Can I study 2 A-Levels and 1 BTEC?

Yes, we allow students to mix and match courses, allowing you to study A-Levels and BTEC’s alongside each other.

What’s the difference between A-Levels, BTEC’s and T-Levels?  

An A-level is similar to a GCSE in the effect that you’re taught information over the 2 years to prepare for an exam at the end of the 2 years.

BTEC’s/CTEC’s focuses on research and coursework over the 2 years without an exam at the end.

A T-Level is equivalent to 3 A-Levels so you would focus on just one T-Level over the 2 years. More information about our Programmes of study can be found HERE


Applying to College:

How many GCSE’s do I need to pass to get into college?

To secure a place at Mirfield College you will need five GCSE passes at grade 4 or above including English and Maths. Many of our courses also have their own entry requirements, you can find these in the course menu.

How do I apply?

Please visit https://get-into.co.uk/ to apply.

If you are in Kirklees Secondary School, your school should be able to provide you with your account details.

If your school has not signed up to the get-into site, or you are not at school in Kirklees, you should register as a new user and indicate that your school is ‘out of area/not listed’. This will allow you to set up an account and complete the application form.

When do I enrol and what do I need to bring?

Our Enrolment Day is always the same day that you get your GCSE results. You will need to bring your GCSE results and your passport/birth certificate with you.

What happens on enrolment day?

You will come in to the college and have a 121 meeting with a member of our Enrolment Team to chat about your GCSE results and the courses you want to study. You will then get your picture taken for your ID badge whilst we take a photocopy of your passport/birth certificate for your college records.


Other questions:

How is college different to high school?

In college you’ll be treated more like an adult. There is no uniform. You are able to leave the college during the day if you have non-contacts or during break/lunch.

What is the dress code?

The dress code is smart-casual. This means nothing revealing or offensive.

Is there a canteen? What food do they serve?

Yes, there is a refectory that sells hot food daily, paninis, pizza, burgers etc. They also sell a range of cold drinks and snacks, crisps and chocolate bars.

What careers support can you offer?

We have an independent careers advisor on site that you can set up appointments with. You will be assigned a form tutor who you will have a 121 meeting with weekly. We also have a UCAS coordinator on site who will help you to apply to universities.